Monday, November 12, 2007

Test Spinach Strength With Popeye Kart Racing

When I was a youngster, I had always enjoyed Popeye the sailor man, pretty much as well as all the other cartoons I could get find on the TV. But then I grew up and life took over and I guess I just had less time for these cartoons. But then as I grew up even more and I started having more ?toys? (those boys and their toys), I realized that I could recreate some of my childhood fantasies and fun times right on my mobile phone. So I was pretty thrilled to find Popeye Kart Racing. And since the game was rated 8.8 out of 10, that was even more appealing to me. The price was right so I decided to download it immediately. And boy was I glad I did! In Popeye Kart Racing all of my childhood enjoyment of the cartoon came back and I even had a craving for spinach (which my veggie loving girlfriend was thrilled by). I wanted to achieve that Popeye strength so that I could successfully race to the finish line. I chose to be Popeye of course (although you can choose from all the program's different characters); I got in my kart and started racing as fast as possible to the finish line. Popeye Kart Racing is a bit like virtual bumper cars from the amusement park, but a lot more fun (well at least it is for me) as you can go fast like crazy! You have to watch out for the other karts though because they go pretty fast too so it really is a case of who has eaten more spinach that day. And then I realized what a great idea the whole Popeye show was ? getting kids to eat their greens, as it sure was getting me to eat mine, and in that realm I'm usually no better than a 5 year old! Popeye Kart Racing is more than just a race though as there are a ton of different things that you can pick up along the way that will increase your power and help you to go faster. But watch out for your opponents ? there are all sorts of weapons they can have which can destroy you. Popeye Kart Racing sure is a fun game to play and very nostalgic too.

No comments: