Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Make War Not Love In Battle for Orion's Belt

I had never really been a battling kinda gal, but somehow, I got attracted to the super cool graphics on this fun mobile game - Battle for Orion's Belt. There's a whole series to buy (Battle Arena) but so far I'm happy with just this one. It's a real nail biting game as players have to try and remove their enemies (in all sorts of wild and wonderful ways), defend themselves (which certainly isn't as easy as I originally thought it might be - perhaps this is the most challenging part of the game) and keep returning to base to repair stuff and get more provisions. You wouldn't actually believe that you're sitting in the quiet comfort of your own home (or in any other place you choose with the versatility of this cool mobile game) while immersed in such an intense battle! Because that's really how I feel when I play Battle for Orion's Belt. And, like I said, I've never really been such a warrior. But the graphics make you lose it for a moment and really feel like you are waging war! And, to be honest, I really like that feeling. It's completely exhilarating. And it's not only the graphics - the digital sounds do it for me too.

Great Features in Battle for Orion's Belt

I probably really enjoy Battle for Orion's Belt and get totally immersed in it, because of the cool features like the fighting machine with the weapons, crazy speed and cool armor. And it's me who has to customize the ship to create this machine. There are all sorts of different things one can do to personalize their ship - and you have to try and figure out which will give you the best advantage when you're in the midst of battle. There are missiles (that are great enemy trackers), an electro-magnetic pulse which can knock out all the ships that are coming closer to you. There are other options too so it's up to you to really use your analytical skills to determine which will be the most helpful in this battle.

There really are a ton of different options to choose in Battle for Orion's Belt; so I find that the more I play, the more understanding I develop of how helpful (or not so helpful) they are going to be.

No comments: