Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pick Up a Penguin With Fun Mobile Games

A little while after I saw that really cool documentary about the lives and struggles of penguins, I got really into learning as much as I could about these cool, cute, dangerously near-extinct little (or rather quite large) animals. So I was quite delighted to find that I could play a fun mobile game that featured my penguin friends. When I downloaded Puzzle Penguin however, I had no idea that I would really be able to enjoy the black and white animals with such vivid graphics as this game provides - and certainly not through such a small device as my miniature mobile phone! But that's exactly what I'm able to do!

At Puzzle Penguin I'm able to guide my little friend Puck through all these different fun mazes. And the weird thing is, I was never any good at those mazes my parents used to take us to as kids. Somehow on line (or on the mobile phone) I seem to have honed my skills. Or maybe it's just because I'm 20 years older! Either way it's a lot more fun than frustrating, even though Puzzle Penguin can be a real challenge too.

I like the whole Puzzle Penguin though because I feel like we're going straight in to their mode of living when you have to push the ice blocks on to the heating elements so you can clear a path for them. Maybe that's the kind of thing the penguins have to do (in some form or another) in their real every day life. Well I like to think when I'm playing Puzzle Penguin that I'm getting a taste of some of their challenges. Because when you play these fun mobile games that are so graphically rich, you really do feel like you're doing it for real - especially with Puzzle Penguin!

No comments: